The health sector is one always in the news. People who are big want to lose their weight at the fastest rate possible. On the other hand, those who have small bodies want to be big. It is for this reason that the health sector is a multi-billion dollar industry. One area that keeps being in the headlines is on the use of steroids by athletes. Athletes use these drugs so they can have a better competitive edge against their competitors. There are many types of steroids. One of them is the anabolic steroids which refer to the ones that are taken orally or by injection. Their main goal is to help the person gain muscles. The name anabolic is derived from the fact they help to build the muscle. Another type of steroids is the corticosteroids. These are the ones which are used as medicine. They are used to treat anti-inflammations in the body. The body also ‘manufacture’ steroids. There are two major types of the steroids that are produced in the body. These are corticosteroids which are produced in the adrenal gland. This glad is located in the upper side of the kidney. These steroids usually regulate the concentration of sodium in the body. Another element that is regulated by this steroid is called cortisol. Cortisol has very many uses in the body such as boosting the body’s response system to reduce inflammation.
The next type of steroids is called androgenic steroid. These are also called anabolic steroids. They are basically hormones that are manufactured in the body to produce testosterone in the testicles. Very many chemical processes are involved in all this. One, the androgenic part of the testosterone helps to develop the male characteristics in a baby whole the anabolic part helps in the increasing of the amount of body tissue in the manufacture of proteins. The organ that helps to regulate the production of testosterone is called the pituitary gland. It is usually located in the lower side of the brain.
These steroids are available in medications that are prescribed by doctors. They are used to supplement the body which does not produce enough of them. It is important to note that qualified health specialists are given the mandate of prescribing these medications to the patients. However, since many of these drugs are available over the counter, many people have often abused them. The main reason why many people use these products is that when they are used in a well-nourished body, they will play an important role in enhancing weight gain. This is simply because of the fact that they aid in increasing weight gain.
It is important to note that anabolic steroids have very useful effects to the body when taken well. However, if they are not taken well, then they will cause major side effects which are not reversible. Scientists believe that the reason why there is this increase in side effects is due to the fact that the steroids increase the amount of testosterone in the body. Some of the main side effects that are associated with this are: high blood pressure, heart disease, loss of hair, acne and liver damage among others.
There are many types of these anabolic drugs that are available in chemists. Some work to mimic the work that the testosterone does. On the other hand, others usually make the body to produce excess testosterone. They achieve this by interfering with the normal hormone regulation in the body. When the body has excess testosterone, the problem is usually very major.
- Writing an expository essay by sample
- Writing critique essays on articles
- Sample essay: success has no gender
- Good grammar equals a success
- Following experts directions carefully
- Don't waste your time
- Excelling in writing an introduction
- Essay about your best friend
- Performing arts essay topic ideas
- Creating a good essay abstract
- Essay example on Hinduism
- Subjects for your process essay writing
- Evaluation essay topics
- Subjects for your art essay
- Descriptive essay: finding a writer
- Enhancing essay writing
- APA style: 8 fundamental rules
- Writing a literary criticism paper
- 5 hints for crafting a purpose essay
- Essay sample on immigration
- Organic vs. traditional farming: sample essay
- Crafting the best analysis essay
- Choosing funny topics correctly
- How to treat changes: essay sample
- Essay about Frankenstein & Blade Runner
- How to find a free essay writer
- Essay sample: Intel Core i3, i5 and i7
- Instructions on how to buy an essay
- Pro/con academic essay subjects
- Analysis essay: considering short stories
- Essay sample on nucler power&electricity
- How to write an essay conclusion
- Government essay subject matters